.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Running Out Of Time

We got some horrible news yesterday.  Kade has been moved from pain management to end of life care here at CP.  We were told he has days maybe weeks, most like not though.  He is on a boatload of drugs and his little body is slowly giving in.  His spirit and mind are not however and he is as strong willed as ever.  I'm not a religious man, but if there is a God he's gonna have his hands full.  God if you are listening...you and I are not on good terms right now, but you better watch out because Kade's gonna give you an earfull!
Some of you may have already gotten this information on facebook.  I will have a huge hole in my slowly dying heart.  How do you say goodbye to someone you love more than anyone could imagine.  I've truly enjoyed every minute of his life and he has taught me so much.  What's worse is that we are here watching another family go through exactly the same thing.  I hate you cancer, youve stolen from me the only thing I value...one of my children.

2 comments:

  1. I just heard the sad news, and would like to extend my deepest condolences to you all. Kade sounds like a wonderful, thoughtful, strong boy who suffered more than he should at such a young age. My daughter is in kindergarten at George Greenaway Elementary so luckily we got to do some fundraising for your family.

    If it would be alright with you, I would like to attend the service should you have one. Please forward details to chrystal3969@gmail.com

    Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

    Love and prayers,
    Chrystal Goodman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an email with the news of Kade's passing, and I wanted to come and give my condolences.

    As a fellow Titan parent, I've been following your journey, and your family has been in my thoughts and prayers every day.

    My heart breaks for you and I can't even imagine the imeasurable pain you must be going through. The only solice is to know that Kade is in a better place, and though those words may seem so miniscule now...I hope you truly find comfort in that with time.
    Kade was an amazing little man, with strength that we can only hope to have and he will be missed greatly.

    ReplyDelete